Another simple appetizer bite to impress your guests. We like to serve them with grilled jalapeños for an extra kick in flavor :)
Serves 5-6 | 10 Minute Prep Time | 20 Minute Cook Time
- 1 Lb Vegan Shrimp, like the shrimp from New Wave Foods
- 1 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, store bought or make your own (try this recipe)
- 1 ripe medium sized pineapple, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 jalapeños sliced in half long was depending if you like the heat
- Place shrimp in a bowl with 1 cup of the teriyaki sauce to marinate for at least 10 minutes
- Repeat this step with the pineapple with the rest of the teriyaki sauce.
- Using a grill pan or a grill outdoors, place the shrimp, jalapeños and pineapple on the hot grill, searing on each side. Once the jalapeños are seared and cooled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces to skewer.
- Starting with the shrimp, skewer the jalapeño and pineapple, so the bite sits on the pineapples flat side down.
- Top with green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds and serve!