Kale & Toasted Nori Caesar
Time 10 Minutes | Yields 2-3 Servings
This was our first attempt at creating a raw vegan caesar salad recipe, and it ended up being a hit! Typically, when you think of "raw vegan salad recipes" you might side eye. But this simple and easy caesar is really crave-worthy, and fulfills your healthy-but-satiating food cravings. Check out our recipe below to try it at home!
- 1 bunch of kale (any of these kale options will work!)
- 3/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (learn about it here)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/3 of a toasted nori sheet
- Submerge sunflower seeds under water (min 2 hours, max 24 hours) until plumped.
- Add all ingredients except nori into a high speed blender and mix on high until blended smooth.
- Add nori and pulse a few times until the nori breaks into small flakes. Make sure not to over-blend here!
- De-stem the kale (learn how here), and thinly slice. Place in a large bowl and massage with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve! Feel free to add your favorite toppings. Avocado, cooked farro, toasted nuts or sesame seeds, fried shallots, and toasted sourdough croutons are our favorites!
Insider Tip: This vegan salad recipe can actually be repurposed into a raw vegan hummus dip! Throw some cooked garbanzo beans, juice from half a lemon, olive oil, and salt into the blender to create a caesar hummus that you can pair as an appetizer with your vegan caesar salad!